Saturday, February 7, 2015

Light worry

   I'm 51 years old. I own a smartphone, and use it, but I'm not constantly looking at it like most people of the generation that followed mine, or even the half-generation that followed mine.
   Still, I'm apparently quite reliant on having an internet connection, and the concern over temporarily not having one seems to actually worry me more than being without it. The worrying is worrying.
   Yesterday morning, I was looking at my emails and reading the news while having my morning coffee before work, when the page I was trying to read would not load, and that's when I noticed that one of the green lights necessary to have an internet connection was not illuminated on my modem (this is what you see in the picture below). I also noticed that the normally steady light on my router was no longer steady, but blinking, as it does when it's beginning a connection or losing one. In this case, it seems to have lost one that it has not yet regained. In the past, I have been able to fix these type of issues without much difficulty, but in this instance, I could not. I tried to fix it on two separate occasions by unplugging cords, restarting things, moving tables, and calling my internet provider, but as of right now, I still have no connection.
   I have tried to make myself feel better about the level of worry this disconnection has caused me by telling myself I pay all my bills online, and this problem could take a while to solve, if in fact it's able to be solved at all, but it still doesn't add up to the reality of the situation. This is no light worry at all.



C'mon, ds light

No comments:

Post a Comment