Monday, March 30, 2015

Other world

   I went to Ocean Beach, here in the west end of San Francisco a few months ago, and when I arrived I was greeted by this incredible sight. I didn't see any equipment around, but it was evident that some work was either in process or completed to move large amounts of sand around the area. It was hard to tell whether this sand had been brought here from somewhere else or whether the sand already here had been displaced, but either way it made the beach look completely new to me, strange in a way that a planet might seem be to a first time visitor. To see a place that I've visited so many times appear nearly unrecognizable and new is for me a truly wonderful experience. It shifts my perception in a very visceral way, and that's something that I've been interested in for as long as I can remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment